This Provider Toolkit is designed for organisations and individuals who want to learn more about working with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
How to use this Toolkit
If you are new to the NDIS and looking to become a registered provider, it is important that you read through all Sections of this Toolkit to understand how your business may serve the needs of NDIS participants.
For existing providers, you may choose to refer to specific sections (such as Pricing in Section 2.8) or go straight to the step by step guides in the Key Resource tab.
The whole Toolkit is searchable from the top right hand corner of each page and there are FAQs that will continue to be built on as we receive new questions.
Throughout the Toolkit you will find links to various resources available both on the NDIS website and specifically within the Provider Toolkit. These resources will be regularly updated, as will the Toolkit. You are encouraged to give feedback on any of the materials provided through our Feedback section.
We thank those existing providers who have given feedback on earlier versions of this Toolkit for their helpful suggestions towards making it a more user friendly and interactive resource.
Further assistance with accessing this Toolkit
If you require a free-of-charge translator, interpreter or other assistance, phone 1800 800 110
If you are a Text telephone (TTY) user, phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 800 110
If you are a Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) user, phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 800 110
If you are an internet relay user, visit the National Relay Service website and ask for 1800 800 110
Information about the NDIS is also available in other languages at:
- Key resources - documents to assist all providers
Step by step guides for the myplace provider portal
Download our step by step guides here or from our Key Resources page
- PRODA - step by step guide (PDF) (DOC): how to sign up for a PRODA (Provider Digital Access) account.
- myplace registration for new providers - step by step guide (PDF) (DOC): how to register for a myplace account for all new providers.
- myplace registration for Trial Site providers - step by step guide (PDF) (DOC): how to register fo a myplace account only for providers that have been involved in NDIS trial sites.
- Using the myplace provider portal - step by step guide (PDF) (DOC): how to use the online myplace Provider Portal to manage your NDIS registration, bookings and payments.
- Note: To make it quicker and easier to find information, provider portal instructions are also available on the service bookings page.
- Bulk payment request instructions - step by step guide (PDF) (DOC): how to submit bulk payment requests through the online myplace Provider Portal.
- Provider Portal - System Messages and Error Codes (PDF) (DOC): what to do when each system message or error code is displayed